SharePoint - Internet / Intranet Contributors
Understand SharePoint web pages including wiki and layout structures. Understand checking in and out and page publishing. Learn how to create web pages with links buttons and use web parts.
This course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for using, managing and updating content on a SharePoint Intranet or Internet site.
To understand how web pages can be managed and maintained in SharePoint.
No previous knowledge of intranet or HTML is required.
Basic SharePoint Core
- Accessing SharePoint sites
- Creating shortcuts and favourites to SharePoint sites
- Navigation and moving around SharePoint sites
- Understanding the basic infrastructure including My Site, My Profile
Basic Library Permissions
- Basic Permissions
- The SharePoint security model
- List and library permission and breaking
- Uploading, downloading and editing documents
- Using drag and drop, explorer and multiple upload
- Document management with Check in/out
- Document version control
- Using Column data (Metadata)
- Modifying and creating personal views
Basic Web Pages
- Wiki Pages vs Layout Pages
- Editing and creating Wiki pages
- Creating wiki links
- Adding content and images
- Creating hyperlinks to other site pages
- Creating links to external sites
- Publishing features and requirements
Further Page Features
- Adding web parts
- Using App web parts and specifying views
- Using the Content editor web part
- Using Audiences to control visual access